TEEN CLASSROOM TOPICS INCLUDE
Understanding signs, signals, & roadway markings
Vehicle control & managing risk
Negotiating intersections & sharing the roadway
Driving in urban traffic, rural areas, & expressway
Driving in adverse weather & handling emergencies
Effects of alcohol & drugs on driving
Basic vehicle maintenance
and other topics ...
Welcome to the online program,
This is how it works and what you can expect.
- You must complete a total of 24 hours of online lessons.
- This entire process involves three (3) different certificates.
- After you complete 2 hours of lessons you will need to "order" your 1st certificate, (Certificate of Enrollment). Follow the prompts, you do not need to pay to have your certificate expedited. Once you receive your certificate of enrollment from the online company you can contact the driving school and we will get you on our list to begin in-car driving lessons. You can also elect to wait until you complete your online lessons to contact us to schedule your in-car lessons.
- Once you complete all 24 hours of training with the online company, you will need to order your 2nd certificate (Certificate of Completion of an Online Program). You do not have to choose the expedited shipping.
- Once you complete your 8 hours of in-car lessons you will need the 3rd certificate (Certificate of Completion). This is the Certificate you NEED to take with you to the testing station. Without our final certificate you cannot take your driving test. In order to receive this final certificate from us we will need the 2nd certificate to keep on file at our school. So keep in mind that if you complete your driving with us before you finish the online classes, you will not receive the 3rd and final certificate unless and until you provide the 2nd certificate from the online company to us at the driving school.
- The State of Ohio does not allow faxing or emailing any certificates so any unexpected delays in US mail are beyond our control. Because of this, do not schedule your driving test until you have received your final certificate from the driving school.
- The driving school does not have any ability to settle technical issues with the online lessons. You must contact the igottadrive help desk at 1-877-336-6872 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHERE DO I START?
The State of Ohio allows you to obtain a learners permit at the age of 15 years & 6 months. You can obtain a copy of the Digest of Motor Vehicle Laws from a BMV, OSP Driver Exam Station, or by download at http://www.bmv.ohio.gov. When you are ready, visit an Exam Station to take the knowledge test.
A temporary photo will be taken at that time. You will be required to show two acceptable documents for identification before taking the test. Results of the test will be stored and will be verified at a BMV agency before a temporary permit is issued.
Once you have passed the knowledge test, you can then purchase the permit from the BMV. Another photo will be taken at this time. Once you have completed the above requirements, you can begin classes at C.O.P.S Driving Academy.
In order to take your license exam you need to complete a course such as ours. This course consists of 24 hours of classroom training and 8 hours of behind-the-wheel training.
You will also need to be sixteen years of age, and you need to have had your permit for a minimum of six months. You are also required to have driven a minimum of 50 hours (including 10 nighttime hours) with a parent or legal guardian.
Your parent or guardian is required to fill out an affidavit stating you have driven at least 50 hours. This affidavit needs to be notarized. You can download & print an affidavit at http://publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/bmv5791.pdf
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- We cannot schedule any student to drive until the tuition is paid in full.
- We will pick up the student for their drive at your home or school depending what time the drive is scheduled. They will be told where we will pick up when they schedule.
- There will be a $30.00 charge for any student who misses /forgets a scheduled drive without calling at least 2 hours ahead of the scheduled time to cancel that drive. You must have your permit in-hand when the instructor picks you up. Failure to show a valid permit on each drive will result in having to cancel the drive.
- Do not schedule your driving test with any exam station until you have received your Certificate of Completion. Once you have received your certificate, you can schedule your driving test on-line at http://www.ohiodrivingtest.com/ or by calling your local exam station. Click here fo
- Do not lose your certificate. Parents must sign a notarized affidavit for lost certificates. There will also be a $10.00 charge to issue a new certificate.
- Parents must sign an affidavit stating you drove with them for at least 50 hours. Ten of those hours must be nightime driving. You can download and print an affidavit at: http://publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/bmv5791.pdf
- Do not show up late for class. If you come late you will need to leave and re-take the class on another date. This is a strict requirement of the State of Ohio.
- The contract/agreement you signed is good for six months from the date of signing. You may be asked to pay an additional fee if you fail to complete the course within six months.
- As a courtesy, an extra set of cones and poles are kept at each school for students to use to practice maneuverability. These cones can be picked up during class hours (5:30-8:30 Mon- Thurs) on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please do not call to reserve the cones. Please return the cones as soon as you are done using them. There will be a $50.00 charge for not returning the cones.